I went to the mall today and was once again hit by unexpected sales at the Gap. With my $10 gift card, plus 10% off Tuesdays for Gap Card members, I was off to a good start. I then discovered that all dresses and skirts were 40% off - um, what?!
Although I didn't go crazy, I did get two new dresses. Both were $69.50 to start. At 40% off, that took $27.80 off both dresses, bringing the price down to $41.70 (pre-tax). I then got $10 off one, and 10% off the other, since unfortunately I couldn't use both of the coupons together. That meant that my total was just $74.71 after taxes. If I had paid full price for both, the total would have been $150.01. That means that I basically got two dresses for the price of one!
So, yes, it doesn't help with adding to my debt, especially combined with the Old Navy purchases from this weekend. But, I do figure that I just bought two additional work outfits, that will help me to make sure that I don't make any new purchases in the next year.
Did I mention that rationalizing purchases is one of my bad habits?
I do realize that this is a habit that I am going to need to break quickly. I'm thinking that avoiding the mall is going to be very important!
A weekend trip to Indy and one last trip to Target before I start...
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment