Okay
- Food, toiletries, underwear and household necessities (light bulbs, batteries, etc.)
- Anything Car-Related (gas, oil, tires, etc.)
- Haircuts - I'm not even going to think about attempting those myself, and I do need to remain presentable looking.
- Tuition/Textbooks - this is important, since I am a student. Although I will try to buy used books or borrow if possible.
- Outings with friends - although the goal is to do low cost/free options and limit those that cost money to a few times per month.
- Gifts - I'm not going to go through birthdays and holidays without giving something to a family member or friend. I am however going to be conscious of what I am spending, and focus on the meaning of what I am giving. One idea is to focus on experiential gifts, rather than stuff. (i.e. a gift certificate for an art class, a round of golf, etc.)
- Travel - I already have a planned family vacation at the end of June, as well as a few other trips that come up throughout the year. I'm not cutting these out since I am in a long-distance relationship, and I live far away from all of my family. I will however be conscious of my spending during these excursions, or save up my meals, etc. for the trips.
- Medical/Dental Expenses (hopefully I won't have too many of these)
Not Okay
- More meals out than necessary - including coffee drinks, snacks etc.
- Manicures, massages, etc.
- New clothing, jewelry, accessories
- Furniture, electronics or appliances
- Decor or apartment items (towels, pillows, etc.)
- Professional services that I could do myself (car washes, etc.)
- Magazines or new books - this one could be challenging.
- Stuff. Yes, this is broad, but I mean all of those little things that are purchased out of boredom or intrigue that aren't needed. For examples, think of all of the As Seen On TV stuff, or the stuff in the Dollar section at Target.
I'm sure that I will think of more things along the way. For right now, these are the main things.
No comments:
Post a Comment