Thursday, July 29, 2010

Month In Review

As July comes to a close, I am not doing as well with this plan as I had hoped.

A few set backs:

Major Spending in the MKE. Between concert tickets, a poster, and a lot of food and drink, I ended up digging my debt a little deeper in one holiday weekend.

Too Many Meals Out. This is proving to be a challenge. I really need to buckle down, especially before the school year starts.

Impulse Groupon Purchases. Oops, I didn't mention those yet. One of my favorite restaurants, Triumph, posted a Groupon for $15 for $35 worth of food. I bought two. And then accidentally got charged twice because of an error when putting in my credit card, so I actually bought 4. Oops. So four times in the next year I need to eat at Triumph, and buy a lot of food.      

Although I had two weeks during this month where I was out of my regular routine and actually spending less because all of my meals were covered, it still proved challenging to stay within my budget due to a much leaner paycheck.

To keep myself on track, I've started posting my goals around the apartment and at work. The more I see them in front of me, the better I will be about sticking to them. Right?!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment