So I ended up going out of town again for a total of 9 days. Now that I'm back, it's time to reflect on my spending.
In total...not great. I sort of fell off the wagon.
There was the trip to dinner and a movie (Eclipse).
Followed by a trip home to Milwaukee, which included several tanks of gas, some junk food stops, and two trips to Dave Matthews. (Plus a souvenir poster). The concerts were awesome...we upgraded our tickets to seats right at the front! I should be honest though....this came with a cost. And one that I hadn't anticipated, since we already bought tickets.
Before heading back to St. Louis, I headed to Bloomington, IN (with an overnight in Indianapolis) to work with a program for college leaders for six days. It was an absolutely amazing experience. And in terms of cost, it was basically free! (Besides gas, of course). The trip back to St. Louis did require a fast food stop, and I will admit that I hit up a Target for new sunglasses, some medicine, and shampoo, since I forgot to pack any. I also got two cat toys for Bucky, as a peace offering on my way home.
June has come and gone. I haven't done as well as I'd expected, but I'm committing to doing better in July. I sort of have to. This month begins some lean paychecks, since I had to withhold almost $400 per month extra in taxes to cover the cost of the classes I am taking. This is going to require some creative thinking....
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment