Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Specs!

Today was an exciting day!

After two and a half years with my favorite red specs, I headed to Lens Crafters to purchase a new pair. While I do love the red ones, they were getting pretty worn out and the coating was starting to wear off, leaving me with some blurry spots. 

While I could have kept the same pair and just purchased new lenses, I decided it was time for a change. After trying on a few different pairs, I settled on a cute pair of tortoiseshell frames. Check them out!



The tortoiseshell isn't too bold, and the frames are super lightweight and fit my face well. They are also significantly cleaner than my current pair, so I can actually see. Love em!

I didn't budget for new glasses this year and unfortunately this will add to my debt. I was fortunate to get a good deal though, with 50% off of the lenses. While my plan was to save any major purchases until next year, this was one that just couldn't wait. 

While at the mall, I also got my sister a birthday present. I'm hoping that she enjoys it. I was fortunate to find some good sales, which certainly helped my budget. I also got a free pair of undies thanks to a Victoria Secret coupon. Gotta love those! 

I did spend money for an afternoon movie. Since my eyes were dilated and I had to kill some time before my glasses were ready, I headed to the theater and saw Inception. With the matinee price of $6.50 and a $5.50 popcorn/soda combo, it was a lovely afternoon.

No more spending for today. After a whole lot of cleaning, I'm going to plop myself in front of the tv and watch Alice in Wonderland on DVD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment