Thursday, July 29, 2010

Unanticipated Expense Ahead

I am on the verge of a big purchase. Unfortunately, an unexpected one.

I wear glasses everyday. I've never worn contacts because I'm afraid to touch my eyes. I've had glasses since seventh grade hadn't been very good about wearing my specs regularly until I got my current pair and really noticed the difference when I didn't have them on. I've truly grown to love my glasses, and feel like my face isn't complete without them. Plus they're red, which is super fun!

Now, I was under the impression that glasses typically last for about four years. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that my current pair had a big splotch on the front that was not coming off. Turns out the coating on the outside is starting to wear off, and causing a big blurry spot right in front of my vision.

When I stopped in at Lens Crafters, I found out that they are having a 50% off sale right now. Apparently it will be cheaper to buy new glasses than to have them put new lenses in my current frames.

So I have an eye doctor appointment on Saturday, and will be wearing new glasses very soon! I'm not sure how I'm going to pick new ones....we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment