The challenges with food continue...
All week I've been spending money on food. It's so easy to buy a soda here and there, a morning coffee and bagel. It's a habit that I am struggling to break. Why is it that I've cut out pretty much everything else, but not food?
I also recognize that I'm heading into the busiest time of my year, when I am most likely to spend the most money on food. I'm never home, so the food that I do buy ends up going bad. I am also really sick of eating Lean Cuisines and other frozen foods. I just can't get excited for them. And if I'm going to avoid spending money on expensive meals out - I need to find cheaper foods that I can get excited about.
So I headed to the grocery store today to stock up my empty fridge with foods that will be easy to pack and take to work over the next several weeks. The reality is that I am more likely to eat the food I buy if I take it to work and keep it in the fridge there. I eat basically every meal there. What did I buy?
Thomas' Mini Bagels (a favorite)
Greek yogurt
Cream cheese
Apples
Strawberries
Carrot sticks (packaged for individual servings)
Eggo wafles
Peaches
String Cheese
Jello
Pudding cups
Lemonade
OJ
Milk (individual servings)
Super pretzels
Instant oatmeal
Frozen corn (singles)
Frozen peas (singles)
Brown rice (singles)
Diet Coke
And $85 later....
It was a lot to spend on groceries, but with my schedule, I realized that I needed to buy single-serving foods, and things that are easy to pack and take with me (or sometimes even eat in the car). I'm most nervous about the fruit, but I'm going to try to eat a lot of it this weekend and the beginning of next week.
We'll see how this goes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment