My year (at least!) of living with less stuff, but no less happiness.
THE WHAT
For the next year (June 1, 2010 to May 31, 2011), I will be doing my best to make decisions and spend less based on the following:
NOTHING NEW
Excluding food, toiletries, and undergarments. Unless...A) I really need it, B) I can't find it used, and C) I can find it for $5 or less per piece new.
NOTHING FRIVOLOUS
If I can survive another year without it, I can't buy it.
If it is something that I NEED, I must buy it used, buy the generic form, or borrow it.
LESS EATING OUT
I can eat out once per week. I can also have one additional meal out per month for special occasions or get togethers.
OUTINGS/ENTERTAINMENT
I will do my best to keep outings or entertainment free. Outings and entertainment that cost money should be limited to a few times per month.
THE WHY
Life is a lot happier without debt. And as a young twenty-something, it's time to stop accumulating more debt and to pay what I have off. With a more simple lifestyle, I can free myself of the credit card debt, the student loan payments, and the car payments, allowing me to focus my time and money on other things.
I truly believe that a more simple lifestyle doesn't have to be any less fun!
Hi! I'm Kirstin. I am an educator, wife, student, foodie, Badger fan, daughter, sister, sorority alumna, cupcake baker, and cat roommate. I started this blog while in the home stretch of my twenties, leaped into my thirties and am enjoying all that life has to offer.
Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment