Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Secret's Out

It's amazing how when you limit your purchases to food, undergarments, toiletries and other household items, there's an excitement when it comes time to buy underwear. (Yes, this post is about underwear. Feel free to leave now if that makes you uncomfortable)

I received another coupon in the mail from Victoria's Secret for a free pair of underwear, plus $10 off any purchase. I had gotten one of their free pairs just two weeks ago, but I am never one to pass up a coupon that says "free" and does not require a purchase. I'll admit that at least 10 pairs of my current underwear collection are from those free coupons.

Typically, I only get the free pair and ignore the other deal (usually $10 or $15 off a bra), but I decided yesterday that I would take advantage of the $10 discount and picked out five more pairs from the 5/$25 section. So, for $16, I got six pairs of underwear...or buy three, get three free. Not bad.

I did agonize for a minute over whether it was worth spending the $16 and if I instead should go find something that costs just $10.50 or $11, but let's be real - underwear is never a bad purchase. And it was really fun to pick out the different pairs!

Overall, I would say a successful trip to the mall. I was in and out without any other purchases and did not once feel tempted to wander the other stores.  

No comments:

Post a Comment