I had a fabulous night out with friends this evening and am excited to say that I spent only $4. Well, sort of...
One of my coworkers is getting married soon, and we decided to celebrate with her by going out for happy hour and then spending the evening at the bingo hall. We headed out to one of our favorite places, Triumph, where they have great happy hour specials. I was able to get a beer and share a variety of half-price appetizers for only $10.
We then headed out for some bingo fun. I'd never been to a bingo hall before. It is intense! When we entered, I was really overwhelmed by the whole process. They had already started one of the bonus rounds, and so we rushed to get our cards and all of the other stuff we needed before finding a spot. My cards cost $24, plus I spent $1.50 on my bright pink dauber. I am proud to say that a few rounds in, I won! The round was for $100, but I split it with two other people, so I ended up getting $34. Still totally awesome. That covered the cost of my bingo cards, plus my dinner! I did end up getting a soda for $2.50, but it was worth it. For a bunch of first timers, we had two winners at our table - someone else won $100.
It ended up being a really fun night. It wasn't originally going to be that cheap, but I knew there was no way that I would pass up celebrating with a friend. That is certainly not the point of what I'm doing, and I had already gone into the evening with the attitude that I wasn't going to worry about the money I was spending. While I couldn't have planned to win, it was definitely icing on the cake.
And that four dollars was all that I spent today. Wahoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment