Friday, June 18, 2010

Use It Up

I've been noticing that I buy a lot of things and then don't use them. Specifically:


  • Vitamins
  • Mouthwash
  • Dish Soap
  • Hair Products
  • Nail Polish/Manicure Items
  • Lip gloss
It's like I go through a period of wishful thinking where I decide "I'm really going to start using mouthwash every day, because that's a good habit to get into." And then it doesn't stick. Or I buy a styling product and quickly decide I don't really like how it works, and it ends up just sitting and taking up space in my cabinet. This relates a lot to my last reflection about waste.

I think it also indicates that I do a lot of impulse buying. I'll pick up a tube of lip gloss in the store, think, "Ooh, that's pretty," and throw it into my basket. Nevermind the fact that I already have eight other lip glosses at home. Also true for the four new nail polishes the other day, which were impulse buys during a trip for hairspray. 

This is a habit that I definitely need to break. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment