Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Wish List

It is hard to not want things, especially when you've committed to not buying. I'll own that. We all learned the difference between want vs. need a long time ago. Easier said than done.  

So, as part of this year, I thought I would keep track of the different things that come up that I want. I think it will be interesting to look back at this a year from now, to see how I feel then.

The first thing that has come up: new bedsheets. I've had my current ones for about a year and a half, and I love them, but they are starting to show their wear. I recently found a few holes in both the flat and fitted sheets, for which I will blame the clothes dryer (meanie!). My normal instinct would be to head to Target and buy new sheets right away, and perhaps a new duvet, since that's looking a little dingy too. I've even thought about changing up the look of my bedroom, perhaps going for something more modern and less girlie. I love the DwellStudio line from Target, especially this look:

Or this one:



Or this:



But, of course, I'm going to wait. I'll get out the good old needle and thread and patch up the holes as best I can for now. We'll see if I still want new bedding next May. I'm guessing yes, but then at least I will have gone another year with the current stuff, right?

I'm sure there will be many more items to add to the wish list along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment