Tuesday, June 1, 2010

So....

How did I do on my first day? Just okay.

I made my morning coffee at home. Had some Eggos for breakfast. I also found a Lean Cuisine in my freezer to take with me so that I didn't have to head to the store this morning. I got to work and made it until 11:30 without spending any money. Haha.

I ran into something that's going to come up a lot - my coworkers wanted to go out to eat. Although they didn't pressure me into going to, I didn't want to miss out. So we went to Triumph, which set me back about $12.41. I didn't technically break my rules, and it was the only money that I spent today, and the food was delicious. I just need to be conscious that this is my only meal out this week now. Not exactly how I wanted to start my first day, but it'll do.

Today was also the day to pay all of the bills, so there went a whole lot of my paycheck. $600 to rent, $200 to credit card payments, $180 to my cell phone (went way over on my minutes...oops), plus about $60 to utilities. The bills just kept on coming....three more today for my car payment, Internet, and my AAA renewal. They never stop!

When I got home from work, I decided it was time to head to the grocery store to stock up. Stocking up, of course meant spending a lot. Over $100 later, and I left with enough food to hopefully get me through the end of the month, minus maybe one follow up trip for some more milk or something. I did get quite a few staples - plus $10 packets of mashed potatoes for $10, what a deal! There were also the fun snacks that I figured I'd get to keep me going. Fudgesicles! Yum.

So now I'm off to finish the evening with some homework and preparation for day two. Only 364 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment