So I've definitely struggled with spending money on food this weekend.
On Friday, I ended up stopping for a soda on my way into work. Same issue as Thursday. Less than $2, but still money that I didn't need to spend. I was fortunate to get a free lunch through work, and I did well about eating dinner at home. Frozen pizza...yum.
On Saturday, I did the Race for a Cure with a group of women from work. It was awesome! I just walked, but I definitely burned quite a few calories in that heat! After we finished, we decided to treat ourselves to Pappy's, a delicious local BBQ chain. I got the ribs, which ended up totaling about $18. Not cheap, but I savored every bite. I then later ended up going to Walgreens for some ice cream. $4 down the drain.
I spent the early afternoon today looking for a new apartment, since my lease will be up at the end of August. My friend Kelly came along for the ride, which was helpful. Since it was her birthday, I decided to treat her to a cupcake, and ended up getting myself one too. Another $9 spent. I'm headed to the grocery store later to get ingredients to make brownies for work.
More than I wanted to spend this weekend. This is a lot harder than I thought. It's so easy and convenient to just buy food, even if that isn't what I need to be doing.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment