You might be wondering how I could stick with my pact during a family vacation. I'll be honest, it was really hard, and I cheated a lot but mainly just on the meals. I did it though, because I realized this was a once in a lifetime experience. We only do family reunions every ten years, and I don't know that the next one will be a trip like this. So I decided to worry less about the money, and to focus on having fun.
There were elements of my trip that were very affordable. My amazing mom picked up the cost of my housing, plane ticket, and rental car, which made a huge difference on my trip. We also stayed in vacation homes, so many of our meals were affordable, home cooked ones (also covered by mom). We really only ate out once a day. In terms of meals out we did:
- Friday dinner at the airport Chili's
- Saturday lunch at Five Guys
- Sunday lunch at Wolfgang Puck's in Downtown Disney
- Monday lunch at Fuddrucker's
- Tuesday lunch at Universal Studios (which my awesome sister paid for)
- Wednesday dinner for Chris's birthday
- Thursday lunch at Cocoa Beach
- Friday lunch at the airport
We split a lot of the meals or took turns paying, so I'm not entirely sure what I spent. Other costs included cost for bags, tolls (lots of tolls), ponchos at Downtown Disney, plus some cute little souvenirs (just $9 each).
My main big cost was the $89 ticket to Universal Studios. We had such an amazing time visiting the Wonderful World of Harry Potter. I did get my mom a $10 chocolate frog, since she didn't go with us.
I am also proud to say that I didn't really go buy a lot of new things in preparation for the trip, but instead packed clothing and toiletries that I already had. I did buy one mini-hairspray and a new sunscreen, but that was it.
I cannot say thank you enough to my mom for covering so much of my trip. She even covered my mini-golf, which we played as part of the family reunion. I need to do something special for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment