Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Take Care

I've never been very good at taking care of my stuff. I misplace things. I'm careless. Evidence includes: the numerous pair of tweezers I own, none of which can currently be located, and the dents and scrapes on several corners of my car (which was brand new just a few years ago), all from not paying attention to poles, etc. I am hard on things.

As I was doing laundry last night, I noticed that this is most evident in my clothes and shoes. I have 6 white tank tops, four of which are dingy and have tiny holes from the dryer. Most of my pairs of shoes are scuffed, some with holes from being warn too many times. I don't own a lot of really nice clothing items, but those that I do have tend to wear out really fast because they are lower quality.

This is very costly. I have to replace things more often than I should. I buy things that I lose, and then have duplicate items. If I took better care of my things,  I could likely save a lot of money. If I am going to go this year without spending, I certainly need to make this a focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment