Is it okay to spend money when it's for a good cause? I think so.
Although I'm trying to do my best to not spend money, one of my friends asked if I wanted to walk in the Race for a Cure with her on Saturday. As my family has been touched by cancer many times, I thought it was worth the $25. I signed right up and can't wait to walk. I'm number 34278.
Registration brought me to the mall, which I thought would be a little bit risky, but it ended up being just fine. I actually made good use of my time, walking and window shopping to get in some walking in the nice cool air conditioning. I played with the makeup samples at Sephora and tried the lotions at Bath and Body Works (I have enough to last me about two years thanks to my grandma). I did intentionally avoid stores where I tend to make major purchases, just to be safe.
I did make one purchase at the mall. A tall coffee lite frappuccino from Starbucks that didn't cost me anything. I received a gift card for some volunteering that I did. It was a great treat.
Overall a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment